cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
emails4nir1
Level I

when preforming t-test for entire table, how can i make jmp show t tests and mean for all columns automatically?

Hi, I recently downloaded JMP.

1- I used FIT Y by X to compare variables between 2 groups. I went ahead and selected 50 columns. the analysis I got makes me choose to show the means and STD and the t-test for each column. a friend of mine who showed me how to do that on an older version, had all the info ready. is there a better way than tediously selecting it for each variable?

2- is there a way to export just the means, std and p value to a table (other than copying it one by one)

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: when preforming t-test for entire table, how can i make jmp show t tests and mean for all columns automatically?

One other option would be to use File > Preferences then select Oneway from Platforms and check Means/Anova and Each Pair, Student's t options and then click apply. The Means/Anova and Student's t options will then be displayed automatically each time you run a Oneway Analysis report from Fit Y by X.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: when preforming t-test for entire table, how can i make jmp show t tests and mean for all columns automatically?

Try these "tricks":

1. To broadcast an action to all columns, hold down Ctrl or Cmd key while selecting t-test etc.

2. One way is to right click on a table box in the report and select Make Combined Data Table.

One other option would be to use File > Preferences then select Oneway from Platforms and check Means/Anova and Each Pair, Student's t options and then click apply. The Means/Anova and Student's t options will then be displayed automatically each time you run a Oneway Analysis report from Fit Y by X.

txnelson
Super User

Analyze==>Modeling==>Response Screening will create a data table that will contain the analysis for the comparisons between the groups.  You may want to look at it.  It runs very fast.

Jim