cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

uniform scaling of y-axis and getting bars to appear

Hello,

I'm using Graph Builder to build a bar graph. I would like uniform scaling of the y-axis because currently all the values are compressed into a small area on the y-axis. However, I can't find where I can request uniform scaling. When I click on the y-axis, a uniform-scaling option does not come up and I can't find such an option elsewhere.

Additionally, I am getting short horizontal lines at the exact values of my data on the y-axis when what I want is bars that extend down to the x-axis (I chose the "bar" option for the graph). I'm using JMP Pro 17 Any ideas? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Re: uniform scaling of y-axis and getting bars to appear

Could you show image of your bar chart as normally bar charts look like this in JMP

jthi_0-1727270146419.png

You could for example have bar style as Float and then you get something like this

jthi_1-1727270177174.png

-Jarmo

Thank you. Yes, the float style is exactly what I'm getting (see attached) but the graph isn't responding to my attempts to change the style. 

jthi
Super User

My guess is that you have non-continuous y-axis (maybe it isn't even numeric). If I change my height column to nominal, I will end up with graph like this

jthi_0-1727276676647.png

so make sure you have correct data AND modeling type for your column(s)

jthi_1-1727276695501.png

-Jarmo

Thank you. I will check on this issue.

hogi
Level XII

Here is a free introductory course to learn the basics of  JMP:
Getting Started with JMP 

100% worth the time!

Within the next day you will already get a N-fold return of investment.
I wish there was a stock on the market with such a wonderful payback.