cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rabelardo
Level IV

terminology: red triangle vs. hot spot

11576_red triangle.png

A friend who introduced me to JMP always refers to the red triangle menu as hot spot. Why is it so?

And why discontinue the usage as evidenced in the JMP help files?

- Randy, JMP newbie.

- Randy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: terminology: red triangle vs. hot spot

Over the years, the terminology used to refer to the "Red Triangles" has had some changes in an atempt to make the reference to them easier for the new user.  Some of us old folks will on occasion use an old term for it in our discussions.  The current documentation refers to it as a "Red Triangle"

Taken from the Help Contents:

How to Access Analysis Options

Click the red triangle menu in a report to access a list of options that apply for that particular report. In addition to clicking the red triangle menu, you can also:

I look at the evolution of such things as good attempts to improve the product and documentation

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: terminology: red triangle vs. hot spot

Over the years, the terminology used to refer to the "Red Triangles" has had some changes in an atempt to make the reference to them easier for the new user.  Some of us old folks will on occasion use an old term for it in our discussions.  The current documentation refers to it as a "Red Triangle"

Taken from the Help Contents:

How to Access Analysis Options

Click the red triangle menu in a report to access a list of options that apply for that particular report. In addition to clicking the red triangle menu, you can also:

I look at the evolution of such things as good attempts to improve the product and documentation

Jim