Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AiSm
Level I

set background image to vlistbox/lineupbox

AiSm_0-1685500541325.png

I designed an UI like this. Wanna set a background picture to the whole page, not sure how to do it. below is my code:

HomeWindow = New Window( "Home",
	HomeVlistbox = V List Box(
		Lineup Box( N Col( 3 ),
			spacerLoginLeft = Spacer Box(),
			V List Box(
				loginTitle = Text Box( "Welcome" ),
				loginPanelBox = Panel Box( "",
					loginLineUpBox = Lineup Box( N Col( 2 ),
						userNameTextBox = Text Box( "User Name" ),
						userNameTextEditBox = Text Edit Box( Get Environment Variable( "USERNAME" ) ),
						passwordTextBox = Text Box( "Password" ),
						passwordTextEditBox = Text Edit Box(),
						loginType = Check Box( "Auto" ),
						loginButtonBox = Button Box( "Login", loadScriptFunction( "loginAction" ) )
					)
				)
			),
			spacerLoginRight = Spacer Box()
		)
	)
);
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: set background image to vlistbox/lineupbox

JMP mostly doesn't use images for backgrounds behind controls. You can use a background color in a container box and many child boxes will show the parent's background color.

If you really need to do it anyway, you might try making a file->new->application. Build the gui first, then add a Pict Box. Your gui elements and the PictBox will be siblings in the application (pict box is not a container.) What you drag last will move to the background (because it moves to the front of the list and draws first), so drag the picture last.

Not a great image choice for a background--too busy!Not a great image choice for a background--too busy!

Craige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Craige_Hales
Super User

JMP mostly doesn't use images for backgrounds behind controls. You can use a background color in a container box and many child boxes will show the parent's background color.

If you really need to do it anyway, you might try making a file->new->application. Build the gui first, then add a Pict Box. Your gui elements and the PictBox will be siblings in the application (pict box is not a container.) What you drag last will move to the background (because it moves to the front of the list and draws first), so drag the picture last.

Not a great image choice for a background--too busy!Not a great image choice for a background--too busy!

Craige
AiSm
Level I

JMP, so far, looks not good at fancy interactive User Interface. But your solution is helpful! Thanks a lot!