cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Leily
Level I

save report as interactive html

Hi,

I want to save a report including multiple Graph Builders as an interactive html. 

This is what I am doing:

a_plot=Report(Graph Builder(...));
b_plot=Report(Graph Builder(...));
c_plot=Report(Graph Builder(...));
new_window = New Window( "NW", hlb = H List Box() );
hlb << append(
				V List Box(
				a_plot,
				b_plot,
				c_plot
			);
new_window << save interactive html("my_plots".htm");

It works fine except for the fact that the report is not really interactive. You cannot choose points on one plot and have the related points selected on other plots.

Is there any solution for this? Is it possible to save reports (collection of plots) in an interactive format?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: save report as interactive html

When you have a report open in a window and you reuse the box in another window, a copy of the report is created, but it does not copy the analytical platform - it's just a copy of the display.  You can create your reports initially in the same window, with something like this:

dt=Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
new_window = New Window("NW",
	V List Box(
		dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Smoother Line"),
		dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Line Chart")
	)
);
new_window << Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/my_plots.htm");

If you really want to have independent reports as well as the combined report, you can do something like this:

gb1 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Smoother Line"); gb2 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Line Chart"); new_window = New Window("NW", V List Box( gb1 << Redo Analysis; gb2 << Redo Analysis; ) ); new_window << Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/my_plots.htm");

The <<Redo Analysis command creates a full copy of the Graph Builder platform rather than just copying the report.  If you need yet another way to combine windows, it is possible to script the "Combine Windows" functionality that you'll find in the Window menu.  This results in a JMP Dashboard, which results in a similar window with multiple reports:

gb1 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Smoother Line");
gb2 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Line Chart");

gb1<<Move Window(0,0);
gb2<<Move Window(500,0);
dashboard = JMPApp();
dashboard << Combine Windows({gb1<<Report,gb2<<Report});
dashboard << Run;

db_win = dashboard << Get Windows();
db_win << Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/db_plots.htm");

In this case, I arranged the reports horizontally instead of vertically by setting the positions of the original reports.  Combine Windows looks at the placement of the windows on the screen to try to replicate the layout vertically, horizontally, or for 3+ reports a combination of the two.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: save report as interactive html

When you have a report open in a window and you reuse the box in another window, a copy of the report is created, but it does not copy the analytical platform - it's just a copy of the display.  You can create your reports initially in the same window, with something like this:

new_window = New Window("NW",
	V List Box(
		dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Smoother Line"),
		dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Line Chart")
	)
);
new_window << Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/my_plots.htm");

If you really want to have independent reports as well as the combined report, you can do something like this:

gb1 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Smoother Line"); gb2 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Line Chart"); new_window = New Window("NW", V List Box( gb1 << Redo Analysis; gb2 << Redo Analysis; ) ); new_window << Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/my_plots.htm");

The <<Redo Analysis command creates a full copy of the Graph Builder platform rather than just copying the report.  If you need yet another way to combine windows, it is possible to script the "Combine Windows" functionality that you'll find in the Window menu.  This results in a JMP Dashboard, which results in a similar window with multiple reports:

gb1 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Smoother Line");
gb2 = dt << Run Script("Graph Builder Line Chart");

gb1<<Move Window(0,0);
gb2<<Move Window(500,0);
dashboard = JMPApp();
dashboard << Combine Windows({gb1<<Report,gb2<<Report});
dashboard << Run;

db_win = dashboard << Get Windows();
db_win << Save Interactive HTML("$DESKTOP/db_plots.htm");

In this case, I arranged the reports horizontally instead of vertically by setting the positions of the original reports.  Combine Windows looks at the placement of the windows on the screen to try to replicate the layout vertically, horizontally, or for 3+ reports a combination of the two.