cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AdamChoen
Level III

save interactive HTML from journal reset my chart properties

Hi
I have a simple script to generate Bivariate charts
I then move charts to journal (no issue there) and finally save to interactive HTML.

the HTML file contains my charts but all point color marker shape and size was rest.
no issue when i save image or HTML (not interactive) but I really need to use the interactive one.

any help is welcomed.
BTW
I'm not using legend

Thanks, Adam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: save interactive HTML from journal reset my chart properties

Adam, 

When the Row Legend JSL function is used to create marker shapes and colors, they are stored in the data table's row states.

When you do this, the way they are stored in a journal is not supported by Interactive HTML in JMP 12.  

Support for retrieving the row state marker colors and shapes from journals when exporting to Inteactive HTML was introduced in JMP 14. 

If you save each report to interactive HTML without storing it in a journal first, the colors will be maintained.

-John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Adam, 

I'd like to see if I can recreate the problem you're seeing.

It would help to know what JSL commands are you are using to set the marker colors/shapes and what version of JMP you are using.

If you are able to share your script (using anonymized or random data if you need to), that would also be useful.

Thanks, 

~John 

AdamChoen
Level III

Hi John,

I'm having this issue for any chart I try to save as interactive, I'm using JMP pro 12

see example

dt = data table ("CE_Warn_RawData");

lst = dt << Bivariate(
				Y( :value ),
				X( :run_start_date ),
				BY( :name, :window, :var, :stat),
				SendToReport(
					Dispatch( {}, "2", ScaleBox, {Add Ref Line( 0, "Dashed", "Black", "", 1 )} ),
					Dispatch(
						{},
						"Bivar Plot",
						FrameBox,
						{Frame Size( 700, 200 ),Row Legend(
							subentity,
							Color( 1 ),
							Color Theme( "JMP Default" ),
							Marker( 1 ),
							Marker Theme( "Standard" ),
							Continuous Scale( 0 ),
							Reverse Scale( 0 ),
							Excluded Rows( 0 )
						)}
					)
				)
			);

lst << Journal();
Current Journal () << Save interactive HTML ("\\.....\RawData.html");

Thanks, Adam

Adam, 

When the Row Legend JSL function is used to create marker shapes and colors, they are stored in the data table's row states.

When you do this, the way they are stored in a journal is not supported by Interactive HTML in JMP 12.  

Support for retrieving the row state marker colors and shapes from journals when exporting to Inteactive HTML was introduced in JMP 14. 

If you save each report to interactive HTML without storing it in a journal first, the colors will be maintained.

-John