cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Marco1
Level IV

"Simulation experiment module" with possible error?

Hello JMP Community!

A query,....... when using the "Simulation experiment" option and specifying the distributions Triangular for dollar price, Uniform for change dollar, Uniform for risk, indicate in "Specification limits" ....total change : LSL = 400 USL= 3600, total risk: LSL = 0 USL= 90, total change: LSL=3.36 USL= 3.9, indicate 128 experiments, 1 (full range) and run the simulation experiment.... JMP uses the ranges of the "exchange of dollars" table.......lines below I detail the procedure with images.....what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Marco

Marco1_0-1673641104465.pngMarco1_1-1673641118642.pngMarco1_2-1673641140135.pngMarco1_3-1673641150628.png

2 REPLIES 2
SDF1
Super User

Re: "Simulation experiment module" with possible error?

Hi @Marco1 ,

Would it be possible to share your data table to see if others can reproduce the same effect your experiencing?

Thanks!,

DS

Marco1
Level IV

Re: "Simulation experiment module" with possible error?

Hello SDF1 LEVEL VII,

I am pleased to greet you, I have attached the requested table.

Some questions:
1. Can JMP calculate the probability of an outcome? ...as Crystal Ball does it?...for example: what is the probability that my project achieves a profit of US$ 27.4 million....answer CB: 75%

Marco1_2-1673964403683.png
2. How can you achieve Monte Carlo simulations with (discrete) integers in JMP using the triangular, uniform, normal...etc distributions?

Tip: The "Simulation Experiment" platform should be able to work with random integers.

Regards,

Marco