cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jgolach
Level I

plotting two years data over the same calendar dates with error bars

Hello, I am new to JMP and am a bit lost as to how to do this:

I have river temperature data from 2 study years; samples were taken at animal locations and so for a given day i could have 0-7 temp readings.  I am trying to plot them on the same graph with the x-axis being month/day and data series being 2012 & 2013.  For each day with samples i want to display the average temp for that day with standard error bars.  I have looked around quite a bit and A) can't seem to figure out how to plot by date with out the year and B) how to plot the day average with standard error bars.   Can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know if this won't work?  I am using JMP Pro student version - thank you for all input!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: plotting two years data over the same calendar dates with error bars

Hi J,

The following approach will do what you want:

• Create two new formula columns.  The first column is either Day (1-365) or Month-Day (i.e. 07-22).  The second column is year.

• Using graph builder drag Day (or Month-day) to the X axis, and river temperature to the Y axis.  Drag Year to the Overlay area.

Can you provide some sample data?  I can help you convert your dates to days and years but need to see the data first.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
louv
Staff (Retired)

Have you tried graph builder?

6249_Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 11.19.02 AM.png

jgolach
Level I

thanks for the reply, but that's not quite what i need.. i need the bottom to show only month and day, with the different years being the two data runs.   i attached a rough hand drawn pic of what i'm looking for.

6260_20140507_145226.jpg

pmroz
Super User

Hi J,

The following approach will do what you want:

• Create two new formula columns.  The first column is either Day (1-365) or Month-Day (i.e. 07-22).  The second column is year.

• Using graph builder drag Day (or Month-day) to the X axis, and river temperature to the Y axis.  Drag Year to the Overlay area.

Can you provide some sample data?  I can help you convert your dates to days and years but need to see the data first.

jgolach
Level I

That did the trick, thank you!