cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dilipkumar
Level II

passing variable with doble quoate ""

Hi All,

i have written a script  in jsl where i have defined a variable and passing it through my logic. Since my defined variable contains  double quote " ", jsl is throwing an error ,it says unexpected "2", perhaps there is missing ";" or ",". I am very new to jsl. can anyone help me in that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: passing variable with doble quoate ""

To embedd a double quote (") in a string you will need to use the JSL escape character string to indicate to JSL how to parse the character.  The JSL escape character pattern is \!

SLNo = " ABC1\!"2'";
Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

You need to use the :Name() function to precisely specify columns with special characters in them

Names Default To Here( 1 );

New Table( "Example",
	Add Rows( 10 ),
	New Column( "test\!" of quote",
		Numeric,
		"Continuous",
		Format( "Best", 12 ),
		Set Values( [40, 26, 27, 36, 39, 19, 25, 9, 7, 30] )
	)
);

Distribution(
	Continuous Distribution( Column( :Name( "test\!" of quote" ) ) )
);
Jim
dilipkumar
Level II

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

i think you didnot get my question right.

Actually i have defined a input variable ( say x=abc) which i am trying to pass through a logic where for the same variable i will be getting data extracted from SQL database. Problem i am  facing  is, if i am changing the input to double quoted value , jsl is throwing this error -jsl is throwing an error ,it says unexpected "2", perhaps there is missing ";" or ","

Please find the example on the same

//Create Database Connection
dbc = Create Database Connection(
       XXX);

SLNo = " ABC1"2'";

sqlQuery = "execute [dbo].[XXX] @SLNo = '" || SLNo || "'";

Error msg : jsl is throwing an error ,it says unexpected "2", perhaps there is missing ";" or ","

Question is what shouild i do if SLNo data is in double Quote format. it is working fine without double quoted inputs.

txnelson
Super User

To embedd a double quote (") in a string you will need to use the JSL escape character string to indicate to JSL how to parse the character.  The JSL escape character pattern is \!

SLNo = " ABC1\!"2'";
Jim