cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

one selection for MSA Metadata while running GR&R

I am using JMP17. While doing GRR I am getting 'Edit MSA Metadata' box for each parameters. I have >50 parameters for GRR and I don't want to click ok for each parameters. Is it possible to apply Lower and upper tolerance to all parameters with one click. 

I don't remember having this issue in JMP16. 

ConfidenceOwl94_0-1715781740636.png

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: one selection for MSA Metadata while running GR&R

If I remember correctly JMP16 did have some bugs with the limit selection IF you had missing values (it might have gotten fixed in maintenance updates, but I don't remember if that did happen). Do you have specification limits set as column properties? You can "solve" this issue (or maybe an extremely annoying feature?) by scripting.   

(I will be presenting tomorrow in Finland JMP User Group and something related to this is one small part of it.) Script below might give some idea what you could possibly do BUT do verify that it uses correct limits.

Names Default To Here(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

collist = dt << Get Column Names("Continuous", "String");
varchar = dt << Variability Chart(
	Y(Eval(collist)),
	Model("Main Effect"),
	X(:SITE)
	, invisible // might make execution faster
	, << "Gauge R&R Report"n(1) // message could also be moved here
);
dt_gage_results = Report(varchar)["Variability Gauge Analysis for ?", "Gauge R&R", Table Box(1)] << Make Combined Data Table;

-Jarmo
shampton82
Level VII

I can affirm that this is an issue with JMP 18 as well and the only current way around it is JSL as Jarmo pointed out and so kindly added the code for.  You are correct in being annoyed here as if the data is entered already into the column property or from a table then there is no reason for this window to pop up!

I have a wish list item to address this so would appreciate a kudos on it to see if we can get it fixed!

Broadcasting of input boxes - JMP User Community

Steve

jthi
Super User

There are a lot of small (and large) improvements that could be done to at least Measurement System Analysis platform. One is exactly that, you already tell it to use MSA metadata, but still it won't use it without asking (and it will even hard-code the limits to the script? most likely caused by the same reason which allows you yo "change" the limits).

-Jarmo