cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
learning_JSL
Level IV

need to plot a regression line that includes my custom computed upper and lower error bars

Hi - I am trying to write a script that will plot my computed regression value along with my custom computed upper and lower error bars.  That is, for each independent value, my chart would plot the dependent (regressed) value, the upper bound, and the lower bound.   My chart would look something like the example below, ideally with the error range shaded.  Thanks in advance!

learning_JSL_0-1648428761945.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: need to plot a regression line that includes my custom computed upper and lower error bars

I apologize as I was not very clear/helpful.  In the script available using the 'View More' button in the very first post, after all of the statistical analysis is a graph with a prediction, confidence limits, and a shaded area.  In graph builder, you could:

• Add time to x axis
  • Add prediction, upper and lower confidence limits to y axis
  • Change to line and remove the smoother
  • Right click inside the chart area and select Add > Area
  • On the bottom left, under 'Area', change the Area Style to Range, and under Variables uncheck the prediction, so you only have time, upper, and lower confidence variables checked.
  • On the bottom left, under 'Line', uncheck the confidence variables, so you only have time and prediction checked.

ih_2-1648477651192.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: need to plot a regression line that includes my custom computed upper and lower error bars

Have a look at some of the code in the post below, I think everything you need is there:

A time series (seasonal ARIMA) model for varying variability in different seasons 

learning_JSL
Level IV

Thank you ih.  Sorry, I think my original question was unclear.  I only need to plot my computed values as a time series.  (I do not need to do seasonal modeling.)  I have already computed my regression and my upper and lower errors and I just need to plot them with the error range shaded.  I looked through the link you sent, to no avail.  I am probably missing something.  

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

I apologize as I was not very clear/helpful.  In the script available using the 'View More' button in the very first post, after all of the statistical analysis is a graph with a prediction, confidence limits, and a shaded area.  In graph builder, you could:

• Add time to x axis
  • Add prediction, upper and lower confidence limits to y axis
  • Change to line and remove the smoother
  • Right click inside the chart area and select Add > Area
  • On the bottom left, under 'Area', change the Area Style to Range, and under Variables uncheck the prediction, so you only have time, upper, and lower confidence variables checked.
  • On the bottom left, under 'Line', uncheck the confidence variables, so you only have time and prediction checked.

ih_2-1648477651192.png

learning_JSL
Level IV

Thank you ih - this should help!