cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

mouse hover the data spot in the scatter plot

When I mouse hover the data spot in the scatter plot graph, a number is shown. I think the number is the raw number of the data spot in the table. Is it possible to see other information of the data spot in the data table? For example, there is customer's ID in the data table and I want to see it when I mousehover the data spot in the graph.
4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: mouse hover the data spot in the scatter plot

Select one or more columns that contain the ID-data you wish to see and choose "Label" from the Cols menu.

Thanks a lot MS!

But in my case, the scatter plot graph is created from a summary table not the original table. So I guess I need setup "lable" in the summary table by script. For the following case I want to see Subagent column information when I hover the point in the graph. Can you help me?

See my script below:

tbl = Current Data Table(); //original table

//create summary table
sumTbl = tbl << Summary (group(:Subagent, :YR :BU :ST),Sum(:A Col,:B Col,:C Col,:D Col), statistics column name format( "column" ));
sumTbl << Bivariate(Y(:A Col), X(:D Col),
Group By(:YR, :BU, :ST),
Automatic Recal);
sumTbl << Minimize Window;
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

I think you can label columns in summary tables in the same manner as the raw data table. Manually or by script.

To label the column Subagent you can insert the line

sumTbl << Set Label Columns("Subagent");

in your script right after the line that defines/creates sumTbl.

Thanks MS, it works.