cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

mosaic plot in grayscale

Hi all,

for printing purposes i need to produce a mosaic plot in grayscale so I was just wondering if it is possible to change the cell labeling font color to white?

any other ideas for improving the presentation of a box plot in grayscale are welcome.10870_mosaic.png

thanks,

ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gail_massari
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: mosaic plot in grayscale

Hi Ron.  You can do this by opening the Mosaic Plot Properties, selecting the area where you want the white text, then changing the Text Color.  You can change other fonts or backgrounds selectively this way, too. I tried it using the Car Poll Data from the Sample Library.

1.  From the Mosaic plot, Right Click Mosaic Plot Bar then select Edit>Show Properties.  This will open the Properties Window.

2.  Left click to select the area where you want to change properties.  Then in the Properties Window, Left Click the Properties>Edit>Text Color.  Select the white color you want.  When you Left Click on the Mosaic Plot, the text colors will change.

3.  Close Properties box and copy/paste or save plot as needed.

10881_Choose White Text for Selected Text.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gail_massari

Hi Ron.  You can do this by opening the Mosaic Plot Properties, selecting the area where you want the white text, then changing the Text Color.  You can change other fonts or backgrounds selectively this way, too. I tried it using the Car Poll Data from the Sample Library.

1.  From the Mosaic plot, Right Click Mosaic Plot Bar then select Edit>Show Properties.  This will open the Properties Window.

2.  Left click to select the area where you want to change properties.  Then in the Properties Window, Left Click the Properties>Edit>Text Color.  Select the white color you want.  When you Left Click on the Mosaic Plot, the text colors will change.

3.  Close Properties box and copy/paste or save plot as needed.

10881_Choose White Text for Selected Text.JPG

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Thank you Gail,

this does look great but i am using JMP 11 and can't find this Properties" option.

ron

ian_jmp
Staff

Yes, it's new in JMP 12. In the release notes:

http://www.jmp.com/content/dam/jmp/documents/en/software/jmp/jmp12/new-features-in-jmp-and-jmp-pro12...

it (very!) briefly mentions "Display and edit box properties are now easier to edit and customise". I mention this only because it gives a lot of flexibility in the styling of reports in general, and is very easy to overlook. For previous versions I guess you could use a graphics script, but it may not be worth the effort.

gail_massari

Hi Ron,

I asked xan@jmp Xan Gregg, our graphics developer, how to do this in JMP 11.  He wrote:

A kluge for 11 would be to manually add a white text annotation over the black area. Or use lighter shades of gray (not black).

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Thank you Gail@jmp

that is what i will do.