Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RToaffRos
Level I

linear regression analysis - behavioral observation sampling interval

Hello,

I am a new JMP user and hope that I can learn from this forum how to use jmp to prepare my behavioral observations for a linear regression analysis to determine the relationship between various timed behavioral sampling intervals and the continuously collected data.

Specifically, I have continuously collected behavioral data which I would like to convert to 1 second intervals (in SAS this would involve "PROC expand") and also extrapolate the continuously data into instantaneous samples at given time intervals (e.g. every 5 minutes, 10 minutes). Then, I would like to convert this into the total duration estimated by each sampling interval for the behavior, to perform pairwise comparisons between each sampling interval and the continuously sampled data. The linear regression analysis should then allow me to determine what is the maximum sampling interval that I can perform to achieve statistically equivalent results to continuous behavioral obsevations. 

Any ideas how to use JMP to perform such an analysis? As I mentioned I am totally new to JMP so any guidance to "dummies guides" for such an analysis would be most welcome!

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: linear regression analysis - behavioral observation sampling interval

Hi,

I am sorry to see that you have not yet received a response. I think this might be because the community does not understand your question. In particular, I don't understand what you mean by "continuously collected behavioral data which I would like to convert to 1 second intervals."

It might help if you could share an illustrative sample of the data. You could anonymise it if is sensitive data. It is most helpful if you can share the data as a .jmp file.

I hope that helps.

Phil