cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

journal used as a presentation

Hi,

I use a journal instead PWP.

Inside the outline box, I have the title on two lines. I would like to have the title on only one line.

How can I do it?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: journal used as a presentation

Unless you create a window with an auto stretching box, I know of no other way  other than JSL to get the journal outline boxes to have a custom width.  This is a modification of last the reponder's suggestion. The attched script was tested on JMP 12, 13 and 14.  You do not have to edit the script, you just have to run it.  Open a journal, open the script and right click, and select run script, or run the script from the menu bar. 

The script finds all outline boxes using a function called Xpath. For each OutlineBox, it gets the text, the font and the size and creates a hiddent text box. From that it gets a size, then appends a spacerbox with that size to the outline box and as seen before it expands the outline box.

The script is attached.  I have not tried it, but there is an Add-in called Journal Text Sledgehammer, it has 8 kudos. This might be a help to you. https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Journal-Text-Sledgehammer/ta-p/21941

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Hi @Françoise,

Just to verify, the title of your outline box in your journal is wrapping onto a second line and you need the outline box to be wider to prevent that?

My sense is that outline boxes will be as wide as the content within them by default.

If you don't need a scripted solution, you can probably just make the content inside the outline box wider by grabbing the edge and pulling it out wider.

If you need something scripted, you could resize the content or toss in a wide and thin spacer box (e.g. SpacerBox( Size( 700, 1) )) using Append() to make the outline box wider.  It's a bit of a hack, but it does the job.  Here's a really simple example:

//Run this first and view the result
New Window("Test", << Journal, Outline Box("Test OB with a very very very very very very very lonnnnnnnggggggggg title", text box("brief content"); ) );
//Run this second and notice how the spacer box makes the outline box much wider Current Journal()[Outline Box(1)] << Append(spacerbox(size(700,1)));;

-- Cameron Willden
Françoise
Level V

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I prefer use the solution without JSL , it's more simply. I don't know how to open the scrit of the journal.

I try to use the grabber but I can't enlarge the edge.

I've joined the journal

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Unless you create a window with an auto stretching box, I know of no other way  other than JSL to get the journal outline boxes to have a custom width.  This is a modification of last the reponder's suggestion. The attched script was tested on JMP 12, 13 and 14.  You do not have to edit the script, you just have to run it.  Open a journal, open the script and right click, and select run script, or run the script from the menu bar. 

The script finds all outline boxes using a function called Xpath. For each OutlineBox, it gets the text, the font and the size and creates a hiddent text box. From that it gets a size, then appends a spacerbox with that size to the outline box and as seen before it expands the outline box.

The script is attached.  I have not tried it, but there is an Add-in called Journal Text Sledgehammer, it has 8 kudos. This might be a help to you. https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Journal-Text-Sledgehammer/ta-p/21941