cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dadawasozo
Level IV

is it possible many features in interactive html are actually Not interactive ?

Hi ,

I want to use JMP dashboard to create interactive report and shared with engineers that don't use JMP. However, there are many features are not interactive and that include the common features like tabulate, pareto, heatmap, etc. I followed the JMP web seminar of San Francisco crime data. In the video, it clearly shows that the features were interactive. However, when I created the interactive HTML, many features are not interactive (see attached). Can someone from JMP help me to understand the situation? the interactive capability is not the same as described from JMP and I definitely not able to share the interactive html of dashboard with other who don't have JMP. The Power BI seems doing better work here.

1 REPLY 1

Re: is it possible many features in interactive html are actually Not interactive ?

Hi @dadawasozo

Interactive HTML allows you to share any JMP report or dashboard in a web-based format, but only provides a subset of the interactivity of JMP.  Each release of JMP, we expand this subset to include more interactivity based on user feedback. To help you provide feedback, we write messages to JMP's log when you export a report/dashboard to Interactive HTML that includes features that are not interactive in Interactive HTML. You can open the log by selecting 'Log' from the 'View' menu on Windows or from the 'Window' menu on Mac. The log messages will start with "Interactive HTML". We invite you to share these messages here or with our technical support team so we know precisely what you are interested in making interactive in a future version of JMP. 

In addition to allowing you to provide feedback, looking at these messages is the best way to understand why features are not interactive in the Interactive HTML output. If you have trouble interpreting the messages in the log, please post them here along with which version of JMP you are using.  This will allow us to see if there is a way to avoid features that are preventing interactivity. 

If you are using 'File > Publish To File' instead of 'File > Export', it is important to make sure you enable the 'Publish Data' setting since data are required to enable interactivity.

I hope this helps, 

~John