Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hogi
Level XI

is in spec(value)

For a column with property Spec Limits, is there a function

is in spec(:value)

which compares the value of the current row with the spec limits of the column?

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

Re: is in spec(value)

To my knowledge no. You have to either use one of the platforms which is able to do this (coloring) or utilize column properties and perform the comparison.

-Jarmo
hogi
Level XI

hm, surprising.

the ultra-low hanging fruits.

jthi
Super User

I'm not sure how it should be implemented but I think there definitely should be an implementation for it (column properties are excellent feature in JMP but they are under utilized, in my opinion).

Maybe column specific something like "Select out of spec rows" (right click menu on column header) and then we could have a << Get out of spec rows which could be send to a column which would return missing if spec limits aren't set and empty matrix if they are set but there are no such values. Though, what would happen if we get the multiple spec limits which we have asked for for quite some time?

-Jarmo
hogi
Level XI

I really love the right click new formula column. Such a great invention!

It's a pity that it's so restricted.
Many cool functions are still missing - and for many cool functions there is not even a chance to be added manually.

The drawback at the moment:
Custom Functions evaluate their argument. So, there is no chance to write a user define Custom Transform which checks for the Spec limits and classifies the rows accordingly
And it seems that it will stay like this: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/Option-or-function-to-evaluate-a-custom-column-formula-at... 

So, the only way: ask for new transforms officially - and hope:

🙏 is in spec (value)