cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Krähenkopf
Level I

impute missing values in principal components / multivariate analysis

The help files online state "...click the Multivariate red triangle and select Impute Missing Data."  where/what tf is the multivariate red triangle?

Maybe a better question is... in JMP pro 16, how, specifically, do i impute missing values (other than the canned estimation methods) in the principal components dialog box?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: impute missing values in principal components / multivariate analysis

The red triangle is a control to reveal a context menu. It is the top-level platform menu in this case. The red triangle is placed in front of the outline title. Here is a picture for you:

impute.PNG

Re: impute missing values in principal components / multivariate analysis

Red triangles are contextual menus that are everywhere in JMP and look like this:  Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 1.34.58 PM.png

Most of JMP's capabilities live under red triangles that are present inside each individual graphing and analysis tool (as well as in the data tables themselves). In your case, launch the Principal Components platform and look for the Red Triangle at the top left. You will find the Impute Missing Data option near the bottom of the list.

That said, the Explore Missing Values platform (Analyze > Screening > Explore Missing Values) provides other imputation options that you may want to consider.

If you happen to be new to JMP, I recommend checking out the resources at www.jmp.com/gettingstarted, specifically the live webinar and New User Welcome Kit. You can learn about red triangles and other core elements of the JMP interface.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador