cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ymendel
Level I

i have data base of production batches and for each different batch i would like to find the max value

I have data base of production batches .

For each batch the particle size was measured as a function of time . 

I would like to create a new column in which the maximum time for that batch appears .

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: i have data base of production batches and for each different batch i would like to find the max value

Col Max( :time_hour, :batch number )
Jim
ymendel
Level I

Re: i have data base of production batches and for each different batch i would like to find the max value

thanks much 

jthi
Super User

There are also two easy interactive solutions for this (other will result in same formula as Jim did provide you with).

Option 1

Right click on the column header which you wish to use for grouping (batch number) and go to New Formula Column and select Group By

jthi_0-1701593184188.png

Next right click on the column header which you wish to perform the calculation from (time_hour) and New Formula Column / Aggregate / Maximum (note that there is Group By [batch number])

jthi_2-1701593289668.png

This will create you a new formula column

jthi_3-1701593333214.png

Option 2

Go to Tables/Summary and use batch number as group and max(time_hour) for statistics

jthi_4-1701593391781.png

Press OK to create the summary table (I think Link to original data table must be enabled for this).

Select the Max(time_hour) column, then click on it again, wait a bit, move your mouse and you should see that it is being moved (this isn't very intuitive how this works)

jthi_5-1701594063840.png

Now drag and drop this column to your original data table and you should have those same maximum values there.

Practicing my "recording skills" so here is a video with both of those options

-Jarmo