cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fredwcf
Level I

how to use JSL to change the column data type &format

I  want to  the column data type (charactor ---numeric) and format (best----engineering si)  using JSL.I tried some scripts such as below ,but no works. Please help and any sultion will be appreciated .

dt <<Column( "Freq(Hz)"<< data type( numeric ) << Format( "Engineering SI" )
);
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to use JSL to change the column data type &format

If you are using JMP 16, try making the change interactively and then looking in the enhanced log (View > Log on Windows).  Many interactive actions will give sample scripts for the operations that you perform.  I tried this with the Blenders.jsl sample data and it gave this:

// Change column info: Time Cycles
Data Table( "Blenders" ):Time Cycles << Data Type(
	Numeric,
	Format( "Engineering SI", 9 )
) << Set Field Width( 12 );

If you have a dt table variable, you can use that in place of Data Table("Blenders").

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are using JMP 16, try making the change interactively and then looking in the enhanced log (View > Log on Windows).  Many interactive actions will give sample scripts for the operations that you perform.  I tried this with the Blenders.jsl sample data and it gave this:

// Change column info: Time Cycles
Data Table( "Blenders" ):Time Cycles << Data Type(
	Numeric,
	Format( "Engineering SI", 9 )
) << Set Field Width( 12 );

If you have a dt table variable, you can use that in place of Data Table("Blenders").

fredwcf
Level I

I am using JMP 16, thank you for telling me the  Log window function .it's very helpful .