cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lala
Level VII

How do automatically move the horizontal scroll bar of the graphics window to the far right?

Hello!

I used the following code to create a graphical window.How do I automatically move the horizontal scroll bar of the graphics window to the far right?

Thanks!

nw = New Window( "", dt << Get As Report );
Current Data Table( nw );
nw << Select Columns( 4 );
nw << Go To( 4 );
Wait( 0 );

2022-08-08_10-58-46.png

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do automatically move the horizontal scroll bar of the graphics window to the far right?

The variable "nw"  when used as a reference to a New Window() function becomes a pointer to the DisplayBox for the window.

When you then pass the message of << get As Report to a data table, JMP takes to data table that "dt" is pointing to and creates a Table Box() object representative of the data table.  In the below example

names default to here(1);
dt=
// Open Data Table: big class.jmp
// → Data Table( "big class" )
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/big class.jmp" );

nw = New Window( "", dt << Get As Report );

txnelson_0-1660018756525.png

This representation of the data table is no longer a data table.  It is a display object called a TableBox() object. Communication with a TableBox() is through a different set of messages and commands from what is used to control and manipulate a data table.

Therefore,

Current Data Table( nw );

is not valid.

See the Scripting Index for the messages available to the Table Box().

Jim
lala
Level VII

Re: How do automatically move the horizontal scroll bar of the graphics window to the far right?

Thank Jim!

• I checked the index and still didn't understand.

2022-08-09_12-51-58.png

txnelson
Super User

Your example, setting a data table into a Data Grid Box(), appears much closer to what a data table looks like.

dt=

nw = New Window( "Example", ,x=data grid box() );
dtx = x << set data table(dt); 

txnelson_0-1660042938591.png

However, JMP has actually created a Data Browser Box.  Viewing the Tree Structure of display window shows the makeup of the Display Object.  The easiest way to access this, is to right click on any of the grey triangles in front of the Outline Boxes in the display and selecting

Edit=>Show Tree Structure

The issue with your example code, is that it does not contain any Outline Boxes.  Therefore, I just modified your code and added in a a simple Outline Box().

dt=

nw = New Window( "Example", ob=outlinebox("test",x=data grid box() ));
dtx = x << set data table(dt);

txnelson_1-1660044619576.png

From the Display Tree output, one can see the Data Browser Box

txnelson_2-1660044844877.png

To see what messages are available to manipulate a Data Browser Box, one needs to go to the Scripting Index.  

txnelson_3-1660045010329.png

While there are a few messages that are similar to what can be done with a Data Table, there are no messages that control the scrolling of the window.

Jim
lala
Level VII

Thank Jim!

I neet that control the scrolling of the window.

However, after I saved it as an image, there was no need for this control.