cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
qspringleaf
Level III

how to generate a data table through a graph which is a plot of some data?

if I only have a photo graph which is a plot of some data, but not have a its original raw data. can help to suggest how to generate a data set use this graph (>100 data points per each curve)?My purpose is to generate a data set that can represent its profile, and join with others then can do a new plot to combine all togehter.can use jmp script or through its basic function tools? thanks a lot.

qspringleaf_0-1623041703525.png

qspringleaf_1-1623041842262.png

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: how to generate a data table through a graph which is a plot of some data?

I suggest the following expansion on the solution given in your recent posting on reading the data from a graph with a single blue line listed here 

1. Cut and paste each of the 4 graphs into separate images and then save them as .jpg files
  2. Run the script provided by @Craige_Hales on each of the different colored lines.  Craige''s script allows for the capturing of the line, based upon the color specified by a MicroSoft Eyedropper reading of the RGB color definition.
  3. Then you will be able to put together each of the columns of data derived, into a new data table.
Jim
qspringleaf
Level III

since new plot have four groups with different color, so could help to suggest how to modify the script as I am a new comer.
txnelson
Super User

The script that @Craige_Hales gave you is a real gift.  It is a real tool that you can use to learn how to solve your problem by studying how Craige solved the problem. My suggestion is for you to take the the provided script, and walk through it, using the Scripting Guide from the JMP Documentation Library and the Scripting Guide and learn how it works.  And if you have trouble understanding how it is working that you query the Discussion Community for guidance.

If you do not have time or capability of doing that, listed on this JMP website are JMP Partners that are in the business of providing such solutions for cost.  The would be very interested in helping you. 

Jim