cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jmpbchoi
Level I

how to assign colors and markers to specific values

I have a graph built out, but I would like to assign colors and markers to specific values. I have 8 variables. I would like 5 of them to be a different color and the other 3 to be different markers. How would I go about doing this in the script?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: how to assign colors and markers to specific values

You should be able to interactively change the the graph to the settings you want, and then to go to the red triangle, and select "Save Script".  The script generated will give you the JSL required to make the changes you want.

Jim

View solution in original post

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

This is just to add to Jim's reply. From the JMP main menu select Help>Scripting Index> All Categories find some of these table messages.

If you are learning JSL, look up Row State, in the JMP Scripting Guide.  The example code is meant for Big Class.jmp.

dt<<color by column(:sex);
dt<<marker by column(:sex);

dt<<select where(:sex=="F");
dt<<colors(14)<<markers(15);

dt<<select where(:sex=="M");
dt<<colors(8)<<markers(12);
dt<<clear select;

dt << select rows(1::5);
dt << Colors("Blue");
dt<<clear select;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

You should be able to interactively change the the graph to the settings you want, and then to go to the red triangle, and select "Save Script".  The script generated will give you the JSL required to make the changes you want.

Jim
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

This is just to add to Jim's reply. From the JMP main menu select Help>Scripting Index> All Categories find some of these table messages.

If you are learning JSL, look up Row State, in the JMP Scripting Guide.  The example code is meant for Big Class.jmp.

dt<<color by column(:sex);
dt<<marker by column(:sex);

dt<<select where(:sex=="F");
dt<<colors(14)<<markers(15);

dt<<select where(:sex=="M");
dt<<colors(8)<<markers(12);
dt<<clear select;

dt << select rows(1::5);
dt << Colors("Blue");
dt<<clear select;