cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

graph with color

Hi,

I want to have a different color for the low part of the graph like this:

fond de carte 1.jpg

But when I add a variable at the top of the graph, the low part(party) is not quite colored:

fond de carte 2.jpg

I tried to modify the script: unsuccessfully.How to write the script to have all the low part of the graph with the yellow color?

thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: graph with color

Just to be clear, you manually color the bottom partitions, save the script, and then when you run the script it only colors the first bottom partition?

If that’s the case, you’ve discovered a bug. I would suggest calling tech support and they may be able to help you with a workaround as well.
-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

All you have to do is right-click in those other graph partitions in the bottom and color the background the same color.  Then save and check the script if want to know how that is scripted.

-- Cameron Willden
Françoise
Level V

I've already done it;

same pb

cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Just to be clear, you manually color the bottom partitions, save the script, and then when you run the script it only colors the first bottom partition?

If that’s the case, you’ve discovered a bug. I would suggest calling tech support and they may be able to help you with a workaround as well.
-- Cameron Willden
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Manual worked for me, just a number of Dispatch statements one for each frame box, and they were all even numbered.

It is worth understanding the structure of GraphBuilder as a matrix of output, they are sequentially ordered as 1, top left and ordered by column:  left most column , 1 top, 2 bottom., next column top 3, bottom 4, etc.

Here is an example script to do this via jsl.  Since elements have a position, there should be a method to reference the frameboxes by position.

Names Default to Here(1);

dt =open("$Sample_data/Big Class.jmp");

gb = dt <<  Graph Builder(
	Size( 570, 490 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables(
		X( :height ),
		Y( :weight ),
		Group X( :age ),
		Group Y( :sex ),
		Color( :sex )
	),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 5 ) ) ),
);

summarize(lgen=By(:sex));
summarize(lage=By(:age));

fbs = gb << Xpath("//FrameBox");
show(nitems(fbs), nitems(fbs)==nitems(lage)*nitems(lgen) ); // should be 12 = 2 (sex) * 6(age);

for(i=1, i <= nitems(lage), i++,
	fbs[2*i] << Background Color(44);
);
wait(3);
fbs[2*(1::nitems(lage))] << Background Color(77);

image.png

Françoise
Level V

hi,

Remove  age and put back  age, it does not work any more.

fond de carte 3.jpg

a new bug from SAS?

best regards