cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tonkatsu2020
Level II

find duration from a table of dates

#i have this attached table where the dates are submitted at the end of 12 different production steps (here column 1 to column 12). each row represent a unique production object. so i have 27 prod objects, each going through 12 prod steps; and hence have 12 prod dates. #I need to find the following: the duration required for the prod object to go from step1 or some other step to last completed step. Depending on the object: the last completed date can be step 12 or anything between step 2 and step 12. same goes for the start date, it does not necessarily start from step 1, so it can start from any step like 8 or 10 and then end at step 12. THE END DATE IS ALWAYS LATER THAN THE START DATE. # i need to write a function that would find the duration for all production objects/rows whether the first step is (1 to 12 ) and the last completed step is (1 to12) . please note the last completed date is not necessarily current/today date. it can be any date in the past/present/future. i am not sure how to script this write this function.

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: find duration from a table of dates

There is not an attached data table
Jim
tonkatsu2020
Level II

hello @txnelson i have uploaded the data table
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks, that helps.

The Minimum() and Maximum() functions will work for you here.

2020-10-11_12-56-41.274.png

NB: In the Formula Editor you can click on Column 1 and shift-click on column 12 and drag them into the argument for Minimum() and Maximum().

FormulaEditorDrag.gif

-Jeff
tonkatsu2020
Level II

#Jeff, thank you for your solution. I should have also added that I have to implement this in a larger data table where the productions-steps/columns are not fixed; i.e. the data will be scattered across aprox <200 columns. Also the production-objects/rows will be increasing every day, so not limited to 27 rows here. It will be 100+ rows everyday.
#Hence in order to put these into a script: 1) how do i reference the column ranges where the column qty is not fixed. 2) how do i reference the specific columns that indicate the START and END dates?
ThuongLe
Level IV

Jeff's answer is independent of row quantity. So no worry
Thuong Le