cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PedeGe
Level II

exclude but not hide data in graphs and/or copy frame contents results disappearing

Hi,

I am looking for a way to exclude rows from calculations, but not hide them in graphs, preferably using the GUI/graphbuilder.

Specifically, I want 1 or more baseline samples to be displayed in a graph, but not have them be part of the line of fit or any future linear regression calculations.

One solution would be to filter out this data with a local data filter, do the line of fit, and add the baseline values from another graph using the copy frame content function.

The major disadvantage of this is that data copied from another frame disappears everytime you change something in the graph itself as well as when you re-open the graph or jmp datafile.

can anyone think of any solutions for this?

Ideally I would find a solution to the data from copy frame contents actions disappearing everytime you re-open the script of the graph or the jmp data file itself as this would fix another major of my current issues with jmp. 

Edit: I don't understand the difference between the simple exclude and hide and exclude option.

exclude just by itself also seems to hide the data points anyway.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: exclude but not hide data in graphs and/or copy frame contents results disappearing

The Exclude row state is independent of the Hidden row state, so you can exclude rows without hiding them.

PedeGe
Level II

Re: exclude but not hide data in graphs and/or copy frame contents results disappearing

Hmm, that is strange, for me it seems to work differently:
If I exclude rows/data points they also disappear from my graphs.

I am using JMP15 by the way.

My apologies. I spoke of the global effect of row states on most platforms. Hidden is about the display of data. Excluded is about the analysis of data. So, for example, if I use the Bivariate platform, the Exclude and Hidden states behave as I said. I can exclude data when fitting a linear model but still see all the data. The Graph Builder is different. The 'analysis' is primarily visual, so excluding rows makes them invisible.

PedeGe
Level II

Ok, I understand now.
That is a pity, it seems like I need to do some work-around actions to achieve what I intend.
Having the copied frame contents not disappear all the time would be a life saver, but I will start a new topic specifically on whether or not that is achievable.