cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dilipkumar
Level II

displaying probability value of two data set in a single probability plot

Hi ,

I am having 2 data set into 2 different data tables, i want to compare the probability values of both the data set into single probability plot. is there any way to do that?

Regards,

Dilip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: displaying probability value of two data set in a single probability plot

I didn't combine data. It was already in the correct format. I can't say what you should do because I do not know what format your data currently uses. I used the Big Class sample data set. Here it is:

Capture.JPG

I analyzed the distribution of weight and used sex for the grouping variable.

Please let me know if this issue of preparing the data is still unclear.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Combine the data into a single data table such that one data column identifies the original data set and the other contains the data itself. I would use Analyze > Reliability and Survival > Life Distribution. Be sure to first select the Compare tab in the launch dialog. Cast the data column in Life role and the ID column in the Grouping role. You can fit a variety of CDF models from here.

Here is an example.

Capture.JPG

dilipkumar
Level II

can you share the screenshot of how you combined the data. or please refer if any examples are available in library.

I didn't combine data. It was already in the correct format. I can't say what you should do because I do not know what format your data currently uses. I used the Big Class sample data set. Here it is:

Capture.JPG

I analyzed the distribution of weight and used sex for the grouping variable.

Please let me know if this issue of preparing the data is still unclear.