cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mightykd
Level I

date increments x-axis

I'd like to set specific date increments, starting at a specific date and then every 6 months (even if there are data gaps), on the x-axis of a graph with a secondary y axis.  However, only numerical increments are available on the axis settings.  I suspect it has to do with how the column "date" is defined, but I just can't seem to figure out the correct set up.  The data table and graph are attached.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

238407Picture1.png

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: date increments x-axis

If you change the modeling type of your Date column, from "None" to "Continuous", you will be able to go into the Axis Settings and set the min and increment specs to what you want

dateaxis.PNG

Jim
mightykd
Level I

Minimum and maximum date of axis and increments by month are indeed
available if I go into Column Info, Column Properties, Axis, Set Axis
Settings. However, when I apply the new settings, the graph becomes blank.
txnelson
Super User

What I showed in my last entry, is not the same approach you are taking.  I was not changing the Axis Column Property.  Rather, what I demonstrated was simply going directly to the axis of question, on the Graph Builder output, and right clicking on it, and going to Axis Settings.  I would not expect your approach to yield different results, but they might.

I would suggest that you go to the Axis Column Property, and remove it.  Then go directly to the Graph Builder Axis, and make the axis changes there.  Make sure your column in question has a Data Type as numeric and a Modeling Type of Continuous.

Jim