cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
deer_dog
Level II

data from excluded rows are still showing on graph

I selected and then excluded certain rows to keep them out of the analysis. That worked for a one-way distribution. But when 'fitting y on x', I still see the points for rows that have been excluded (or at least I tried to exclude them). I know that because you see the row number when highlighting specific points in the figure. I assume the rows I don't want included were also included in the equation (I fit a polynomial to the points).

I have used JMP a lot and have not had this problem before (or at least I have not noticed it). What am I missing? I am using JMP 7

Thanks for the help!

p.s. I see another discussion that indicates that excluded data show up on bivariate plots (assume they are not considered in the stats). Is there a way to keep them from showing up?

p.s. ok, I can do this using 'hide row' but is that the best way? I don't recall using that in the past.

okay (2 hrs later) question answered, I see that is how it works - need to 'hide' the row. I always thought excluding the row was enough.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

The exclude row state excludes data points from an analysis - it does not exclude the appearance of a data point on a graph.  The hide row state removes data points from a graph (but not from an analysis).  So to achieve what you want you have to both exclude and hide the data point (personally I prefer to exclude the data point and change the marker colour).

Dave

-Dave

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

The exclude row state excludes data points from an analysis - it does not exclude the appearance of a data point on a graph.  The hide row state removes data points from a graph (but not from an analysis).  So to achieve what you want you have to both exclude and hide the data point (personally I prefer to exclude the data point and change the marker colour).

Dave

-Dave
deer_dog
Level II

Thanks Dave!