cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoodMan
Level III

can you help me to remove date and keep "hh:mm" for distribution analysis

Dear All,

Here i hope you can help me to find a JSL way to  remove "YYYY-MM-DD" from my time recording column and just keep"hh:mm"  for time distribution analysis.

As you can find in the first attached jmp file titled with original numeric time, i have a table where" Filling Starting Time' column recorded all batch start time in " YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm". I get it from a access file with the following JSL.

Open Database("DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=F:\freeze drying.accdb;DefaultDir=F:\;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;", "SELECT batch, `filling starting Time` FROM `filling line`");

Now i hope i can produce a distibution graph to show that all batch starting time in hh:mm.

However when i use the following JSL,

Open Database("DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=F:\freeze drying.accdb;DefaultDir=F:\;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;", "SELECT batch, format(`filling starting Time`,'hh:mm' )FROM `filling line`");

i can get a table as shown another attached jmp file titled with charector hhmm. Now i get the time in "hh:mm". However it is charactor. I CAN NOT use it for distribution analysis for time in "hh:mm".

I will be grateful if you can let me me khow to sovle this problem with JSL way.

Best regards

Kun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: can you help me to remove date and keep "hh:mm" for distribution analysis

Using your "original numeric time" file, in JMP make a new column which is numeric and formatted "h:m". Make a formula for that new column defined as:

time of day(:filling starting Time).

Michael

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The TIMEPART() function returns the TIME part of a DATETIME value.

GoodMan
Level III

Hi Tom. Thanks for your reply. I wonder if i should use TIMEPART in SQL or JSL? Can you give me more detailed code for this case? Kun

mpb
mpb
Level VII

Using your "original numeric time" file, in JMP make a new column which is numeric and formatted "h:m". Make a formula for that new column defined as:

time of day(:filling starting Time).

Michael

GoodMan
Level III

Thanks for your nice solution,Michael.