Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LogitPorcupine1
Level III

can't access files in JMP project that i've been working on for a long time

Hello,

all of a sudden i can't access the files in a JMP project i've been using for a long time.  the project itself opens, but then this "JMP alert" pops up and i none of the files saved in the project appear...has anyone else encountered this before???

i am using JMP 16.1.0

Jmp project fault code.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: can't access files in JMP project that i've been working on for a long time

Please reach out to Tech Support (support@jmp.com) and they can attempt to assist you.

-Jeff

I tried, not no reply yet. 

LogitPorcupine1
Level III

Hello,

unfortunately we were not able to figure out a way to fix my project w/o sending the project to a JMP developer.  with my bad project, the developer located one data table in the project that was causing the fault.  luckily, it wasn't an important table and we deleted it and then we were able to open the project.  one theory about why this one data table was bad was that it had a very long name with some weird characters in it, but this hypothesis was never confirmed.  in any case, hopefully the developer responds soon to you and maybe they can get to root cause of why this is happening, it is very scary when you can't open a project where so much of your work is saved!