cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sasuser11466
Level I

Zero Inflated Poisson in JMP

Hello Everyone:

I am working with a few advanced undergraduate students and using JMP more frequently (now that we have a university wide license). Is anyone able to tell me if JMP allows me to run a Zero Inflated Poisson model in the 'Fit Model' window (Personality = Generalized Linear Model;  Distribution = Poisson; Link Function = Log) or if this can only be done in the script window? The data is suitable for this distribution but having a problem in JMP 9.0.2

Thank You!!

Gabriel

(Dept. of Sociology

University of Texas at San Antonio)

2 REPLIES 2
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Zero Inflated Poisson in JMP

hi Gabriel,

using the Fit Model with the specifications you mentioned is what i did in the past to run the model and it did run with my data using JMP 9 at the time. another thing i use is the overdispersion tests and intervals and the Firth bias-adjusted estimates. i actually run the models twice with and without them to inspect robustness.

From my experience, if something in the Fit Model platform is not working properly, i try fitting each X separately to the Y to determine which of the variables is the source of the problem.

ron

sasuser11466
Level I

Re: Zero Inflated Poisson in JMP

Thanks so much Ron! I will give that overdispersion feature a try as well.

many Thanks! Gabriel