cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gustavjung
Level III

Yates' order in JMP

Hi!

Minitab numbers the runs in Yates' order (standard order in Minitab).

Is there a way to sort the runs in Yates' order in JMP? 

I want to create Yates' order for 18 factor design but Minitab is limited to 15 factors.

Thank you!

Learning DOE
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Yates' order in JMP

See if this facility in JMP is helpful towards your goal. Click the red triangle at the top of the design platform before clicking the Make Table button and select Simulate Response. Now when you click Make Table, you get another window in addition to the data table. You can specify the parameter values associated with each efect and the random error variance. There is a button to update the response column in the data table after you change the parameter values.

gustavjung
Level III

Re: Yates' order in JMP

Yes, I know about this feature, but I could not find a way to simulate binomial responses using parameter values. :(

It is difficult to calculate the value that I want to enter in these fields based on the actual effects I want to see for factors.

I had discussion on this topic:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/JMP-Simulate-Responses-feature-for-binomial-data/m-p/54049#...

Learning DOE