cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Working on interactive binning v2

Hi All,

I am trying to group the hh:mm:ss in different groups using interactive binning, but i am not getting the desired result. With the help of that i want to find how many customer have done the transaction at a particular time.

Kindly help or provide a alternative solution for this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Working on interactive binning v2

It appears that your ReqTimeUTC column contains a complete JMP Date/Time value.  That is, it's numeric value is based upon the number of seconds since Midnight, January 1, 1904.  You are attempting to bin the data based upon only the time component of the data.  What I suggest you do, is to create a new character column and apply for following formula:

If(
	Hour( :ReqTimeUTC ) <= 6, "Night",
	Hour( :ReqTimeUTC ) <= 12, "Morning",
	Hour( :ReqTimeUTC ) <= 18, "Afternoon",
	"Evening"
)

txnelson_0-1684989752233.png

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

It appears that your ReqTimeUTC column contains a complete JMP Date/Time value.  That is, it's numeric value is based upon the number of seconds since Midnight, January 1, 1904.  You are attempting to bin the data based upon only the time component of the data.  What I suggest you do, is to create a new character column and apply for following formula:

If(
	Hour( :ReqTimeUTC ) <= 6, "Night",
	Hour( :ReqTimeUTC ) <= 12, "Morning",
	Hour( :ReqTimeUTC ) <= 18, "Afternoon",
	"Evening"
)

txnelson_0-1684989752233.png

Jim

The formula is not working because the ReqTimeUTC is in character format and maybe because of that getting the issue.

Is there any alternate way to solve it.

txnelson
Super User

The output you show in your initial entry, clearly indicates that ReqTimeUTC is a numeric column.  The Distribution output shows the Quantiles report and it is not generated when a Distribution is run on a character column.

Could you attach a sample of your data table?.

Jim