cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lazzybug
Level III

Why no response after click 'GO' when using Stepwise of P value threshold in JMP 16?

I noticed that JMP has no response quick often especially when I use either Forward or Backward in P value threshold. Is there any reason for this? It's very annoying. I have to quick the stepwise and do it again and again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why no response after click 'GO' when using Stepwise of P value threshold in JMP 16?

Please see Help > Scripting Index for a reference. Change the drop-down menu in the upper left to Objects, then select Fit Stepwise as shown here:

step.PNG

See the Direction, Enter All, and Go messages in particular. I suggest exploring more messages to see if there are any more that would be useful for your script.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why no response after click 'GO' when using Stepwise of P value threshold in JMP 16?

How many terms in your model? How many rows in your data table? Did you change other settings (e.g., Rules) before clicking Go? Do you see terms in the middle table of Stepwise that you would enter manually, so clicking Go should at least select this term in the forward direction? Do you add all the terms for the backward direction before clicking Go? Are there any terms that you would manually remove from the model?

Can you share the data and the full model you want to start with?

lazzybug
Level III

@Mark_Bailey Thank you so much for your prompt response. The reason for no response is that I did not choose enter all and remove all when switching between backward and forward or mixed. Now stepwise works.

Please see Help > Scripting Index for a reference. Change the drop-down menu in the upper left to Objects, then select Fit Stepwise as shown here:

step.PNG

See the Direction, Enter All, and Go messages in particular. I suggest exploring more messages to see if there are any more that would be useful for your script.

lazzybug
Level III

Thank you so much for your help @Mark_Bailey  My problem was figured it out already.