cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Where is the Zero-Inflated Poisson Regression Option in JMP 16?

In JMP 16, it does not appear possible to follow the Zero-Inflated Poisson Regression Example tutorial instructions. Some of the tool options it says to use do not exist.   

The following issues exist within the tutorial instructions : 

6.From the Personality list, select Generalized RegressionThere is only Generalized Linear Model

7.From the Distribution list, select ZI PoissonThere is no ZI Poisson, only "Poisson" (Link Function defaults to "Log") 

jmp zi help.png

If I run Generalized Linear Model with Poisson Distribution and check mark the "Overdispersion Tests and Intervals". The output does not look at all like the output of the tutorial (even with Overdispersion unchecked). 

How do I successfully complete a Zero-inflated Poisson on JMP 16.0.0? 

5 REPLIES 5
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Where is the Zero-Inflated Poisson Regression Option in JMP 16?

It is a JMP Pro feature.

The JMP Starter window in 17The JMP Starter window in 17

Craige

Thank you Craige_Hales! I thought I had the Pro version as all my headers say "JMP Pro" see original screen shot but it does not provide me with the additional tools in your screenshot. 

Byron_JMP
Staff

Generalized Linear Model has Poisson as a distribution function.

Generalized regression, which is in JMP Pro, includes zero-inflated Poisson as an option.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

Hi Byron_JMP! Thanks for your response. I must be confused, I am using "JMP Pro 16.0.0" (see screenshot in original post) but in my dropdown menu for there is only "Generalized Linear Model". I am trying to complete the tutorial because the tutorial is similar to my data--they are both zero-inflated. 

How do I go about completing the tutorial and/or running a zero-inflated poisson using JMP without the generalized regression option? 

peng_liu
Staff

Seems there is something wrong with your installation. My suggestion is to contact your school software administration to see whether you have received correct installation instruction. A second option is to contact JMP Tech Support support@jmp.com