cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

What is your dream computer for JMP

I broke my laptop and am looking for advice on a new one. I'm considering a Dell XPS 17 with the 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-12900HK, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060, 6 GB GDDR6, and 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR5. I work with large datasets and tend to break machines often. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Robert Williams
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

Re: What is your dream computer for JMP

Thank you. I was looking for someone to help justify the cost. Working for myself is great until it isn't. The hard drive is 1 TB, M.2, PCle NVMe, SSD. I wanted the 2 TB hard drive and 64gig option for memory, but That would push the shipping date out to July or Aug from Dell. I can add more memory. I'm going to place the order. Thanks again.
Robert Williams

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Nice choice.  You did not mention your hard drive choice.  I strongly recommend you choose one of the M.2 options. With your mention of large data tables, I would also suggest upping the memory to the 64gig option

Jim
DirtyDataCoLLC
Level III

Thank you. I was looking for someone to help justify the cost. Working for myself is great until it isn't. The hard drive is 1 TB, M.2, PCle NVMe, SSD. I wanted the 2 TB hard drive and 64gig option for memory, but That would push the shipping date out to July or Aug from Dell. I can add more memory. I'm going to place the order. Thanks again.
Robert Williams