cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wltk1
Level I

Weighted linear regression

Hi,

I'm really new to JMP and I would like to know how to do a weighted linear regression using the software. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Weighted linear regression

Weighted regression is easy in JMP as many of the platforms in the analysis menu have a weight option. For linear regression use the Fit Y by X or Fit Model platforms. Select numerical dependent (Y) and independent (X) variables, and select another numerical column with the appropriate weights and click "Weight".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Weighted linear regression

Weighted regression is easy in JMP as many of the platforms in the analysis menu have a weight option. For linear regression use the Fit Y by X or Fit Model platforms. Select numerical dependent (Y) and independent (X) variables, and select another numerical column with the appropriate weights and click "Weight".