cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Waterfall Charts

I have tried to use the Waterfall Charts Add-In by BradyBrady, but I cannot get it to work for me.  Is there any Waterfall Chart functionality in JMP?

Steve
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Waterfall Charts

Hello,

As an example of how to use the addin, open the attached file. Then, select the addin from your addin menu, and cast the columns into the following roles:

Cast Amount into the Y role.

Cast Category into the Measurement Type role. This serves as a way to summarize the various entries.

Cast Group into the Group role, which is optional.

At this point the Category role is not optional. To "defeat" it, use a character column whose entries are unique for each row.

Cheers,

Brady

Steven_Moore
Level VI

Perfect!  Thank-you!

Steve
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Can I eliminate the grey bar at the top of the chart which gives the running totals?

Steve
markschahl
Level V

Brady:

Would it be possible for you to post the .jsl file that created the add-in? I have users that want to modify the output. Thanks!

txnelson
Super User

The Brady Brady waterfall chart addin is available once you download and install the addin.  All you have to do, is then go to 

View=>Addins

and then click on the Waterfall Charts and then there is a link to the Home Folder for the addin

Jim
markschahl
Level V

Thanks Jim! I've never been to View > Addins before.