cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gandi2223
Level III

Variability chart: connect cell means across groups

In a variability chart, when "Connect Cell Means" is selected, no line is drawn from one cell to the next cell in the neighbouring group:

gandi2223_0-1586100251407.png

Is this possible? I.e. drawing a line from the mean of One:Third to the mean of Two:First?

Thanks,

Marcus

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Variability chart: connect cell means across groups

When it comes to JMP, there is almost always a way to do what you want.  In this case, the only way I know to do what you are asking, is to add a customization to the graph using JSL.

sample.PNG

The JSL I developed is quite hardcoded.  I did that to keep the code simple and to just let you know the approach that can be used to develop a more generic solution.  If you are not familiar with JSL, you will need to do some reading of the Scripting guide.

I have attached your data table, with a new Script added to it

Jim
gandi2223
Level III

Re: Variability chart: connect cell means across groups

Thanks lots for the quick reply, Jim.

What I was looking for is actually slightly simpler, namely to connect the last dataset in one group to the first in the next, i.e. something like this (manually drawn in the screengrab below):

gandi2223_1-1587592292350.png

I appreciate that this could be achieved by some JMP scripting as well, I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it (ideally a checkbox "Connect means across groups").

I can achieve the same without scripting by adding another column where I combine A and B:

gandi2223_0-1587592193693.png

This works too - but again, not quite the perfect or most elegant solution!

Thanks,

Marcus