cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tyang13
Level I

VIP plot in JMP PLS platform

Hi,

I have a question reagarding the Variable Importance in the Projection plot in JMP.  In JMP, i only get one VIP plot with default cut-off line at 0.8. However, if we do PLS methods, shouldn't we have n of VIP plots (n is the component number) ? So I wonder why JMP only has one VIP plot? My guess is JMP use the first component in PLS?

Hope someone could give some insights about this. I checked the JMP online docs but didn't find any explanations.

Thank you,

Tao

2 REPLIES 2
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: VIP plot in JMP PLS platform

Basically, in PLS VIP relates to the model rather than the latent factors that appear within it, See the documentation, or, or more details, Discovering Partial Least Squares with JMP.

tyang13
Level I

Re: VIP plot in JMP PLS platform

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply! I will check the results. The reason I am asking this question is because when i use other statistical software packages like R, when i use PLS and VIP function, they tend to generate mutiple VIP plots and that's why I wonder what are the differences between the ones in JMP and R.

Tao