cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
guttmanc
Level I

Using disallowed combinations in custom design

Hi

I am using JMP10 for an experimental design of protein expression in bacteria. I have many categorical factors and two continuous factors. I would like to exclude from the design several conditions that combine several values from one categorical factor with a continuous factor. Using the Data filter as explained here (Custom Design Window) I have generated an "AND" combination, and without finding any continuation to the Data filter window, I have saved the script via the "Data filter" red triangle menu (script->save script to Data Table or to Script Window).

When I setup the cautom design, I can reach the "Disallowed Combinations" menu, from the red triangle menu, and I am prompted to paste in the script. however, the script doesn' work. Script is as follows:

Current Data Table() << Data Filter(
    Location( {864, 146} ),
    Add Filter(
        columns( :Name( "Inducer level (mM)" ), :Media ),
        Where(
            :Media == {"Autoinduction TB based", "AI+L-arginine",
            "AI+Glycine-betaine", "AI+Glycine-Trehalose"}
        ),
        Display( :Media, Size( 212, 225 ), List Display )
    )
)

The script doesn't work. Is there any simple way to choose the specific factors/value? Or do I need to write scripts for the disallowed combinations?

Thanks in advance for your help

Chen

1 REPLY 1

Re: Using disallowed combinations in custom design

Though eons ago, this might point to a helpful other thread talking about a similar problem:Custom design DOE with disallowed combinations - JMP 11 

In newer versions of JMP you have an interactive filter option to specify disallowed combinations instead of scripting.

/****NeverStopLearning****/