cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Using colour/markers for better multivariate visualisation

I am exploring the best ways to present multivariate data for further exploration. Experience has shown it can be difficult for people to grasp what scores and loadings plots in PCA are telling them and how similar different clusters are to each other. I can get T2 values from the multivariate control chart platform (after specifying a training group), and the critical value using the formula in the documentation.

I would like to colour the points/change the markers to highlight different groups.It is straight forward to colour/change the markers to identify the training set and points which exceed/are below the critical value.

I would like to use the clustering platform to group the points with the requirement that all the points in the training set are grouped into a single cluster. Is there a smart way to do this other than run the clustering platform multiple times with increasing numbers of clusters until less than 95 % of the points in the training group are no longer in the same cluster?

What's the best way to store the different colour layouts (pass/fail, clusters, known groups, etc) so they can be switched between using some JSL?

Does anyone have any other ideas how to explore/present the data (besides parallel plot, star plots, scatter plots or control charts of the principal components)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Using colour/markers for better multivariate visualisation

Only a partial answer, but please be aware that row states (colours, markers etc.) can be persisted as (row state) columns in a table. Once saved in this way, you can easily reinstate the row states, via JSL or manually. See, for example: JMP: How to Customize and Save Row State Markers - YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Using colour/markers for better multivariate visualisation

Only a partial answer, but please be aware that row states (colours, markers etc.) can be persisted as (row state) columns in a table. Once saved in this way, you can easily reinstate the row states, via JSL or manually. See, for example: JMP: How to Customize and Save Row State Markers - YouTube