cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Using JMP Built-In Dialogs with JSL

Hi,

I have written a rather substantial script to do some analysis which creates several data tables along the way. I'd like to be able to include some things to make this script a little more easy for someone other than me to use, such as a button to allow them to save a particular table without them having to figure out which of the 6 open tables it is.

The problem is I'm not sure how to get to a Save As dialog (which is what usually opens when you click Save on a table you've never saved before). Using something like dt = Open() creates an open file dialog, but using dt << save() doesn't open a dialog. The pick file dialog is similar, but it doesn't let you specify a new filename.

Does anyone know how to access that dialog via JSL?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
mattf
Level V

Re: Using JMP Built-In Dialogs with JSL

Hi:

On windoze, JMP >= 8.01, the brute-force method below will invoke the File, SaveAs dialog:

gh
gh
Level III

wouldn't the following do the same?

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
main menu("Save As")

That's exactly what I was looking for!

Though to get it to work for a table that's already open, I had to use dt << Bring Window to Front to get it to work on the right window.

Thanks everyone!
laural
Level I

Do you need the user to specify the new name or the directory or both? If it is just the name, you can easily write your own dialog to capture it and then insert it into the save command. The directory location may be a little trickier. I haven't used the pick directory command in JMP, but this sounds like a good place to use it.
mattf
Level V

Indeed!