cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RVhydrA
Level III

Unlock column with formula

How do I unlock a column that contains a formula? I have a binary column which is computed based on a formula. I have allowed the formula to evaluate, then suppresed the formulas evaluation and would like to edit some of the rows to change form 0 to 1 or vice versa (essentially there is no good way for me to get my formula to give me the perfect result 100% of the time due to variablity in my data so i'd like to edit a few) however the column is locked and greyed out so I cannot change any of the rows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Unlock column with formula

The only way to do this is to 

col << delete formula;

which will remove the formula, but will leave the calculated values.  Then you can edit the cells.

You can also do the same thing interactively in the Col Info window, by removing the formula in the Column Properties

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Unlock column with formula

The only way to do this is to 

col << delete formula;

which will remove the formula, but will leave the calculated values.  Then you can edit the cells.

You can also do the same thing interactively in the Col Info window, by removing the formula in the Column Properties

Jim