cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BenGengenbach
Level III

Understanding the "Change Generating Rules" tab of the factorial screening platform

Hi everybody,

I am setting up a factorial screening design and want to adjust the 2FI aliasing so it fits my anticipated interactions.

BenGengenbach_0-1678971303189.png

What I would like is to have [Perform dialysis]x[Centrifugation % of max] aliased with [Imidazol]x[Covered surface area]

My problem is I cant get my head around the logic of the "Change Generating Rule" tab during design generation.
I read the help topic but I am still lost. 

How do I interpret that weird table. Everything I do feels random and half of the time I do end up with a block effect aliased with a main effect.

cheers ben

10 REPLIES 10
statman
Super User

Re: Understanding the "Change Generating Rules" tab of the factorial screening platform

Ha, and I thought it was just me (though I don't consider myself an expert!). Similar to Victor, I have to "play around" with the configuration and keep checking the aliasing to get what I want.

Curious, why do you want 4 blocks?  Certainly you are not interested in cubic block effects. What is your purpose of blocking?

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box