Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Snadraus
Level I

Trying to find a function programmed into JMP

Hello,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a script written into it. The script calls a function by ::FunctionName(col1,col2,col3,col4). I need to edit the function but I cannot find it anywhere in the files, do these get saved somewhere? 

8 REPLIES 8
txnelson
Super User

Re: Trying to find a function programmed into JMP

The function called "FunctionName" has to have been loaded into the namespace the script is running in prior to it's execution. It is possible that it is loaded at the time JMP starts up, or when the data table starts up. You can look into the
On Windows:
1. C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/SAS/JMP/16
2. C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/SAS/JMP
On macOS:
1. /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/JMP/16
2. /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/JMP
or
if there is a startup during the opening of a data table. Look to see if there is a table script called OnOpen
Jim
Snadraus
Level I

Thanks for the response Jim, I tried searching the directory as there are two different functions that I assume were coded in and called on for the script but neither or them pop up. Can these functions be saved into the .jmp file itself and loaded when the file is brought up?

jthi
Super User

It could be as Jim indicated.Check if the datatable has table script named OnOpen (JMP Help - Table Scripts )

jthi_0-1626808199326.png

-Jarmo
jthi
Super User

Extending on @txnelson's answer with couple of extra things.::FunctionName indicates that the function is in global namespace, so it might be a bit more difficult to find the function, but most likely it is in jmpStart.jsl or jmpStartAdmin.jsl files (JMP Help - Run Script on Startup) . Check also the following paths (depends on your JMP version):

On Windows:

1. C:/ProgramData/SAS/JMP/16

2. C:/ProgramData/SAS/JMP

On macOS:

1. /Library/Application Support/JMP/16

2. /Library/Application Support/JMP

It might also be saved into an addin as a startup script. I'm not exactly sure when these are executed, but I think the scripts are saved in the addins folder into addinLoad.jsl file (addins can be found from: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\Addins\).

jthi_0-1626807754344.png

-Jarmo
Craige_Hales
Super User

addins run an on-load really early. Use View->Addins to find the ones that are enabled. There is a blue link that will open their folder.

Click the link to open the folder; you might find some JSL.Click the link to open the folder; you might find some JSL.

Craige
Snadraus
Level I

Thank you Jarmo and Craige, so a little more information I'm using a different system and fresh install of jmp so I doubt he added it to any startup files I would have from my computer, but I am currently looking through them. I also have no addons currently running. Still on the hunt and thank you all for the help so far.

Snadraus
Level I

There is a little + mark next to the columns that have scripts run on them, does that help?
Craige_Hales
Super User

Click to open the script editor. You might see a function defined there, though it would be an odd place to define a function.

Is the function really named "FunctionName"? You might be able to peek at it by submitting

nameexpr(FunctionName)

and looking in the log.

Craige