cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
timothy_forsyth
Level III

Training and prediction sets using the Multivariate platform

How do I construct a training set and a prediction set using JMP's multivariate platform?

Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring
2 REPLIES 2
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Training and prediction sets using the Multivariate platform

The short answer is you can't. You have to do some preprocessing of the data table before using the Multivariate platform for analysis. Depending on which version of JMP you are using the workflow will be different for creating a data table with rows assigned to one of three potential groups. JMP doesn't use the word 'prediction'. It uses training, validation and test terminology. If you are the type of person who does lots of modeling where using a training, validation, and test construct is common I suggest investing in JMP Pro. Here's the capability explained in JMP Pro: Make Validation Column (jmp.com) The workflow in standard JMP is more klugey but can be done. Like I said,,,if training/validation/test is common in your analytics workflow you should purchase JMP Pro.

Re: Training and prediction sets using the Multivariate platform

Assuming you have JMP Pro, this would be done in before you start the multivariate analysis, in the Analyze...Predictive Modeling...Make Validation Column menu selection.

Jed_Campbell_0-1688670515753.png