cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JohnP
Level II

To label outliers and export to Excel spreadsheet

Good day, can you help with a question in exporting/labeling ourliers?

As the screenshot, the Outliers were identified by using Analyze > Screening > Explore Outliers. They are excluded in the table. How can I export the data into an Excel spreadsheet with these Outliers identified, (for example in a new column)

Thank you.

Outlier.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: To label outliers and export to Excel spreadsheet

Sorry to not be sufficiently clear.

Once you have made your 'Row State' column ('Column 3' in your case), did you actually move the current row states to this column using the 'star' icon mentioned above? From your screenshot, it looks like, for example, row 6 has been excluded, yet this row for 'Column 3' might be empty (shown as a '.') - But it's a bit hard to tell because the column name is truncated in the middle image . . .

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ian_jmp
Staff

This script shows the steps:

NamesDefaultToHere(1);

// Get some data and make some 'outliers'
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
dt << selectRandomly(10) << Exclude;
dt << ClearSelect;

// Maake a new 'row state' column
oc = dt << NewColumn("Outliers", Row State);

// Copy the current row states to this column
oc << CopyFromRowStates;

// Export to the desktop
dt << Save("$DESKTOP/Big Class.xlsx");

Interactively, you need 'Cols > New Columns...', then click on the star next to the column name (in the Columns Panel) and 'Copy from Row States'.

JohnP
Level II

@ian_jmp , thank you!

but seems I don't have a star next to the column name?

Outlier.png

ian_jmp
Staff

Change the 'Data Type' of the column to 'Row State' using the drop down list.

To add to Ian's reply, once you have the row state column and have copied the row states to that column using the red star in the columns panel and Copy from row states, you might want to make one more column that reads the row state column and returns a 1 or 0 based on the Excluded state.  

The formula Excluded under the Rows State group in the formula editor will return a 1 or 0 based on the row state column having the Excluded option. 

Otherwise, when I tried to copy JMP data back to Excel it gives a code of the color or the color and excluded property that was not as easy to interpret as a 1 and 0. 

JohnP
Level II

@ian_jmp @ledi_trutna thank you both so much for the help.

however I still don't able to get it. it gives an empty solumn when "save as...".

666.png

ian_jmp
Staff

Sorry to not be sufficiently clear.

Once you have made your 'Row State' column ('Column 3' in your case), did you actually move the current row states to this column using the 'star' icon mentioned above? From your screenshot, it looks like, for example, row 6 has been excluded, yet this row for 'Column 3' might be empty (shown as a '.') - But it's a bit hard to tell because the column name is truncated in the middle image . . .

JohnP
Level II

@ian_jmp not at all and thanks again! finally I got it.

left clicked the new column, choose "Copy from Row States", the marks appear in the column. Saved it as Excel, the rows are labled with "2".

666.png