cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
barneyonion
Level II

Timestamp query for newer JMP revisions

Hi All, I have noticed that the newer version of JMP are treating the conversion of incorrectly labelled character data (which is actually numeric continuous data) slightly differently vs older software revisions. An example would be as follows:

Column called "TRANSFER_FROM_TIME" with the follow data:

00:05:36.00000

In JMP14 I used to run a script line that converted this back to H:M:S using this line.

Column("TRANSFER_FROM_TIME")<<data type(numeric)<<format("h:m:s", 12) <<modeling type(continuous);

Which would convert this into a H:M:S time format like this which worked really well.

00:05:36

However when I share this script with colleagues using updated version of JMP is appears to reference it as a "clock time" and essentially adds this onto the timestamp 12:00AM. Its almost like 00:00:00 is viewed as being 12:00AM.  So in newer version of JMP it just converts 00:05:36.00000 to 12:05:36AM.

Is anyone aware of any changes in software revisions that would have caused this to happen or a workaround to make it behave like it used to in older JMP versions.
Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Timestamp query for newer JMP revisions

Try using duration format:

jthi_0-1643911050099.png

So most likely something like this:

Column("TRANSFER_FROM_TIME")<<data type(numeric)<<format("hr:m:s", 12) <<modeling type(continuous);

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Try using duration format:

jthi_0-1643911050099.png

So most likely something like this:

Column("TRANSFER_FROM_TIME")<<data type(numeric)<<format("hr:m:s", 12) <<modeling type(continuous);

-Jarmo
barneyonion
Level II

Thanks - this does exactly what I wanted.